Just as our name states, Burgeon Legal is about growth. But growth is not a strategy; it’s a result. It’s a result of all that we put into everything we do each day. BLG began with just two attorneys and a single client, but as we’ve grown our clients’ bottom line, our client base has naturally grown via word-of-mouth referrals, and with the growth, comes new employment opportunities within the firm.
We are currently recruiting attorneys in MA, KY, TX, OH and MD. We are also seeking a paralegal and legal assistant for our South Carolina office. Though, even if you are outside of those areas, we are always looking for action orientated, passionate, out-of-the-box thinkers to join our team.
We know our employees are our greatest asset; they ARE Burgeon. Thus, our goal is to offer a well rounded and competitive compensation package, designed to keep employees healthy, happy, and balanced, which we’ve found, in turn, results in happy clients! As the saying goes- healthy employees, healthy business, healthy economy!
Below are some of our standard benefits for full time employees:
- Nationally-Networked, Private Group Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time
- Paid Funeral/Bereavement Leave
- Annual $5,000 Childcare/Dependent Care Subsidy
- Annual $3,000 Educational Reimbursement/Tuition Assistance
- Paid Wedding/Honeymoon Leave
- AAA Plus Membership for Employee and Family
- Invitation to all-expense paid annual beach retreat weekend
- Flex-time accommodations to meet family/household health and emergency needs
- Top-of-the-line Apple computers and compatible equipment
Additionally, full time attorneys are also provided:
- Unlimited Paid Sick, Holiday and Vacation Time
- “Club BLG” Office-Visit Travel Allowance
- Cell Phone Allowance
- Flextime, Telecommuting, and Compressed Work Schedules
- Attorney Training and Mentoring
Please feel free to email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will keep it on file to be considered the next time a position becomes available. No telephone calls will be accepted.
We are looking to hire an experienced full-time paralegal due to the growth of the firm.
Paralegal responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and transmit legal documents such as briefs, pleadings, appeals, agreements, authorizations, verifications, mortgages, notes and other pertinent documents as assigned.
- Investigates facts and public records as needed.
- Follow up on requests (verifications, appeals, pleadings and other requests) with Courts, agencies and other institutions.
- Performs other clerical duties such as scheduling deadlines and hearings, handling phones, drafting correspondence, reading and routing incoming mail and faxes.
- Creates and maintains virtual document file.
- Open new cases and review documents for deadlines.
- Draft and prepare closing letters.
2 to 5 years of related legal experience, the highest level of professionalism, communication, organization, a record of sound judgment, as well as an understanding of discretion and confidentiality. Also critical, are proven administrative capabilities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, demanding environment. Paralegal experience is required. This is not an entry-level position and therefore resumes submitted that do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, & SharePoint), Adobe Acrobat, and professional writing and research experience. Prefer experience with Macs. Preference given to those with experience in virtual/paperless environment.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to send resumes with salary history, cover letters and references to email@example.com. Applications submitted without all required information will not be considered.
Burgeon Legal Group Ltd. Co. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, military status or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
About the author Burgeon Legal